We recall that after the Israelites had been freed from slavery in Egypt, they were led into the wilderness, and were required to move often. They were following the Cloud by day, and the Fire by night — the Shekinah Glory of Yahuweh. As soon as they would arrive at a new location, they would set up camp, and remain there.
As long as the Cloud remained, the people would remain. But when the Cloud began to move to a new location, the people were required to move also. They were required to break camp, pack up, and move on — or face being left behind. Why is this important? It is because the Israelites in the wilderness are our example today.
The Congregation in the wilderness is prophetic of the Congregation of Believers today. When the Holy Spirit begins to move in a new direction, we too must prepare to move — or we too will be left behind.
In past generations, there have been many who have resisted the moving of the Holy Spirit. In the middle ages, for example, there was a fresh wind of the Spirit to restore the truth of Justification by Faith. This moving of the Holy Spirit resulted in a large community of evangelical Believers, but this move was resisted among certain religious groups. Many were camped out, and were quite comfortable where they were in their religion — they had no desire to move on. When the Shekinah Glory moved in this new Truth, these decided to remain where they were. They were left behind.
In the early 20th Century, there was a great move of the Holy spirit to restore the giftings and ministries of the Spirit, including supernatural healings and other manifestations of the Holy Spirit. This move of the Holy Spirit also was greatly resisted, this time by the evangelical community created in the earlier move.
This ‘new thing’ did not fit with what many had been taught, and what they understood; they concluded it must be error. They did not realise that perhaps their experience was too narrow to understand what the Holy Spirit was doing, and how the Holy Spirit was preparing His people, and equipping them.
The Holy Spirit was simply calling the evangelical community to receive the Holy Spirit, and then calling them to return to Scripture, to test the Scriptural validity of this experience, and to test what they saw happening all around them. Some did search the Scriptures, and found the Truth, and moved when the Holy Spirit moved. These became the “Spirit-filled” Believers.
Many evangelicals did NOT move on, however, but remained comfortable where they were. They decided to stay, camped out in their comfort-zone. These too were left behind.
Today there is a great move of the Holy Spirit happening worldwide. This move is the last great move of the Spirit, the move that will take Yahuweh’s people from the last encampment in the wilderness, to the entering in of the Promised Land. This move too is being resisted by many, this time by both evangelical and “Spirit-filled” Believers.
This present move of the Holy Spirit is the awakening of His people to Righteousness of 1Cor 15:34; it is the receiving of the fullness of His Grace, to produce more Grace, of Zec 4:7 and John 1:16; It is also the “learning of Righteousness” of Isaiah 26:10, and it is the acquiring of the right to the Tree of Life, while preparing to enter, of Rev 22:14.
The Cloud is again moving His people into territory unfamiliar to them, whereby they begin to allow the fullness of Messiah-in-them, by allowing Him-in-us to keep His Father’s Commandments and Precepts in our bodies today — just as He did 2,000 years ago when He was in His own body.
Small groups of Believers are springing up everywhere, as they begin to sense the need to walk, by His Grace, in obedience to the Commandments Yahushua gave to Moses. They are beginning to realise who Yahushua really is. They are keeping His Sabbaths, Commandments and Precepts, just as Yahushua did, and in doing so are preparing themselves for the final sealing of Yahuweh’s Set-apart people.
They are going to the Scriptures, and are receiving fresh understanding of the New and Everlasting Covenant, as the Holy Spirit leads and guides His people into all Truth. They are also being warned to test everything against the Scriptures, because of the flood of deception, error, and wickedness.
There are multitudes of Believers, however, who are NOT going back to Scripture, to test the validity of what they are seeing and hearing; some are relying on their leaders to lead them and guide them into all Truth, a task strictly reserved for the Holy Spirit. Others are trying to understand, trying to ‘figure it out’ before they obey; Scripture tells us, however, that greater understanding comes after obedience.
Thus many will NOT be in agreement with what they hear or see in this great move of the Holy Spirit. What they are hearing is different from what they already understand, and different from their custom and tradition, so they conclude it must be error and deception. That is human nature. Only by seeking Yahuweh — by seeking His Word [the person of Messiah] in the Scriptures — can we determine Truth from error. We are all called back to the Scriptures, as the Bereans who were more noble, to see whether these things are so.
As a result of this last move of the Holy Spirit, there will be again many who want to remain, camped out where they are spiritually, in the wilderness. They do not realise this last move is the ONE move that will bring them in. They are comfortable in the wilderness — why go to all this effort to move? They do not realise they will be left in the wilderness. They too will be “left behind” — in more ways than one.
- If You Love Me, Keep ‘My’ Commandments – Do we show our love for Messiah, in the way He has told us — or have we lost sight of His identity?
- What Are the Ten Commandments? – Also called The Ten Words, these Scripture passages are shown in both Hebrew and English, enabling us to see for ourselves what these Commandments actually say. When we as New Covenant Believers understand whose words they are, we can better know how to respond to them.
- Obeying Torah is Not About Salvation – Obedience to the Torah [Father’s House Rules for His family] is not about our redemption by Yahushua’s blood. Instead, it is Messiah’s New Testament instruction to all Born-again Believers in how to abide in Him, how to love Him, and how to walk as He walked.
- Seven Biblical Guidelines for Studying the Bible: Using Scripture to Interpret the Scriptures – What is the source of our current understanding of the Bible? The pure Truths of Scripture are of highest importance — how we understand the Scriptures will affect our eternal condition! To avoid being deceived by man-made doctrines, we must not rely on Preachers, Teachers, Bible notes or commentaries. Instead we must study and understand the Bible for ourselves — not looking through the lenses of tradition or man-made Bible study methods — but relying only on what the Bible actually says about how to study and understand the Scriptures! Here are 7 Biblical Guidelines that show us the way!
- Contending for The Faith – We are exhorted to contend, to fight to remain in The Faith that was originally given. Scripture shows what The Faith is, and shows why and how we must contend for The Faith. Overview of how the adversary attacks the foundation of The Faith, with examples of contending for The Faith.
- The Wise and Foolish Virgins – Yahushua tells us why many today are not prepared.
- The Wise and Foolish: According to Yahushua – Messiah tells us in clear and simple terms for our instruction, who the wise and foolish are today!
- The Wise and Foolish Virgins: The Separation of the Wise – The Scriptures reveal a 2-step process of separation from the multitudes, for those who would grow in Wisdom.
- Let No Man Steal Your Crown – Reveals there are men today trying to take away, and steal your Bridal veil, and your crown; things that allow your crown to be stolen; the Doctrine of Balaam, and how it will steal your crown.
- Who is the Chaste Virgin? – The Bridegroom is coming for His Bride — one who is chaste, and without corruption. The Scriptures warn us of the many forms of corruption, and how to remove them, in order to remain chaste, and ready for the Bridegroom.
- The Wedding of the King’s Son: A Parable – A parable revealing the astonishing – and magnificent – nature of the New Covenant.