Passover: Is it Jewish — or For All Believers?
As Gentiles, most Believers today have not kept the true Passover, but have instead taken a man-made substitute, a counterfeit of the True Passover called the Lord’s Supper. Many have been told of the Passover, “It’s Jewish.” But what do the Scriptures say?
As we saw in an earlier Passover Thought, the Bible says the Feasts are Yahuweh’s Feasts (See Lev 23:2,4). He has then given His Feasts to His people — those who have been redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb — as special times to commune with their Father, and to remember His Redemption for them.
So we ask, “Is the Passover only for those who are Jewish? Or is it for all Believers — both Jewish and Gentile?”
As an answer to this question, we present below a sobering thought with a twist of humour. The following poem is one that all of Yahuweh’s Redeemed ones would do well to read, and consider well:
When we present Almighty Yahweh’s law,
And arguments from the Scriptures draw,
Objectors say, to pick a flaw — “It’s Jewish!”
Though at first Almighty Yahweh blessed,
And sanctified His day of rest,
The same belief is still expressed — “It’s Jewish!”
Though with the world this rest began,
and then through all the Scriptures ran,
And Yahushua said, ‘Twas made for man” — “It’s Jewish!”
If from the Scriptures we present,
The Sabbath’s meaning and intent,
This answers every argument — “It’s Jewish!”
Though the disciples, Luke and Paul,
Continue still this rest to call,
the ‘Sabbath Day,’ This answers all — “It’s Jewish!”
The evangels taught a plain expression,
That “Sin is of the law transgression.”
Seems not to make the least impression — “It’s Jewish!”
They love the rest of man’s invention,
But if Almighty Yahweh’s Day we mention,
This puts an end to all contention — “It’s Jewish!”
To those who Yahweh’s Day abuse,
Simply because ‘Twas made for Jews’,
The Saviour, too, you must refuse — “He’s Jewish!”
In view of what we have seen in the previous Passover Thoughts, we can only conclude what Scripture concludes — that Yahushua is our Redemption. He was Jewish, but He is for all Believers, both Jewish and Gentile.
Notice the importance of Passover to the New Covenant:
And as they were eating [Passover], Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this [Passover bread] is my body. And he took the [Passover] cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this [Passover cup] is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. (Matthew 26:26-28)
And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This [Passover bread] is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. Likewise also the cup after supper [Passover], saying, This [Passover] cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you. (Luke 22:19-20)
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except [unless] ye eat the flesh [the Passover Bread] of the Son of man, and drink his blood [the Passover cup], ye have no life in you. (John 6:53)
The New Covenant Passover is the ‘memorial’ [remembrance] of the Redemption of His people by the blood of the Lamb.
We are told to keep Passover in Remembrance of Yahushua, who is our Redemption, and our Redeemer.
We are also told it is His life in us that desires to eat the Passover Bread and drink the Passover Cup of the New Covenant.
The Passover ceremony, like His Redemption, is not for our Jewish friends alone, but for all of Yahuweh’s Redeemed people, both Jewish and Gentile. Those who Believe in Yahushua (Jesus) have been ‘grafted-in’ to Israel, and are now partakers of the Blessings, Promises, and Commandments given to Israel (Romans 11:17-22)!
“Therefore,” as the apostle Paul said (1Cor 5:8), “Let ‘us’ keep the Feast!”
- Communion: A Man-Made Substitute for the Biblical Passover – Also called the ‘Eucharist’ and ‘Lord’s Supper,’ this man-made substitute is a counterfeit of the Biblical Passover meal eaten by Messiah and His disciples the same night in which He was betrayed. This counterfeit has been passed down to us over the centuries, and today continues to be practiced unknowingly by most evangelical Believers.
- Eating Things Sacrificed Unto Idols: A Warning to the Bride – The Full-length article.
- The New Covenant Passover: A Mystery – Full List of Passover Articles, with Descriptions and Links.
- If You Love Me, Keep ‘My’ Commandments – Do we show our love for Messiah, in the way He has told us — or have we lost sight of His identity?
- What Are the Ten Commandments? – Also called The Ten Words, these Scripture passages are shown in both Hebrew and English, enabling us to see for ourselves what these Commandments actually say. When we as New Covenant Believers understand whose words they are, we can better know how to respond to them.
- Obeying Torah is Not About Salvation – Obedience to the Torah [Father’s House Rules for His family] is not about our redemption by Yahushua’s blood. Instead, it is Messiah’s New Testament instruction to all Born-again Believers in how to abide in Him, how to love Him, and how to walk as He walked.
- Seven Biblical Guidelines for Studying the Bible: Using Scripture to Interpret the Scriptures – What is the source of our current understanding of the Bible? The pure Truths of Scripture are of highest importance — how we understand the Scriptures will affect our eternal condition! To avoid being deceived by man-made doctrines, we must not rely on Preachers, Teachers, Bible notes or commentaries. Instead we must study and understand the Bible for ourselves — not looking through the lenses of tradition or man-made Bible study methods — but relying only on what the Bible actually says about how to study and understand the Scriptures! Here are 7 Biblical Guidelines that show us the way!
- Contending for The Faith – We are exhorted to contend, to fight to remain in The Faith that was originally given. Scripture shows what The Faith is, and shows why and how we must contend for The Faith. Overview of how the adversary attacks the foundation of The Faith, with examples of contending for The Faith.
- The Wise and Foolish Virgins – Yahushua tells us why many today are not prepared.
- The Wise and Foolish: According to Yahushua – Messiah tells us in clear and simple terms for our instruction, who the wise and foolish are today!
- The Wise and Foolish Virgins: The Separation of the Wise – The Scriptures reveal a 2-step process of separation from the multitudes, for those who would grow in Wisdom.
- Let No Man Steal Your Crown – Reveals there are men today trying to take away, and steal your Bridal veil, and your crown; things that allow your crown to be stolen; the Doctrine of Balaam, and how it will steal your crown.
- Who is the Chaste Virgin? – The Bridegroom is coming for His Bride — one who is chaste, and without corruption. The Scriptures warn us of the many forms of corruption, and how to remove them, in order to remain chaste, and ready for the Bridegroom.
- The Wedding of the King’s Son: A Parable – A parable revealing the astonishing – and magnificent – nature of the New Covenant.