Have we ever considered why the ‘Law’ is called the Torah of the wise in Proverbs 13:14?
The law<08451>(Torah) of the wise is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death. (Proverbs 13:14)
Perhaps the name ‘Torah of the wise’ tells us it is the wise virgins who keep the Torah!
Yahushua has revealed the identity of the wise and foolish virgins in multiple passages of Scripture. Have we considered His words in the following verse?
Then he said unto them, O fools<453>[foolish, unwise], and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: (Luke 24:25)
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. (James 1:25)
Here Yahushua tells us that those who do not ‘Believe’ [not “DO-ers” of] all that the Prophets have spoken are said to be foolish (unwise), and slow (‘dull’) of heart.
So, just what is it that the Prophets have spoken? What are the wise heeded to Believe — to be “DO-ers” of? Here is a small sample of what the Prophets have spoken:
Speak thou also unto the children of Israel [including ‘You Gentiles’ who are grafted-in according to Romans 11:13-25], saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know … I am the LORD that doth sanctify you. (Exodus 31:13) [emphasis added]
And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know … I am the LORD your God. Notwithstanding the children rebelled against me: they walked not in my statutes, neither kept my judgments to do them, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; they polluted my sabbaths: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the wilderness. (Ezekiel 20:20-21)
From Genesis to Malachi, the Prophets continue to call upon all of Yahuweh’s Born-Again people today, to keep His Sabbaths (the Festivals of Yahuweh), and to keep His Law (Torah).
According to these verses, those who fail to keep His Sabbaths are those who do not ‘know’ Him, whose name is ‘I Am.’ That is, these do not hold the sign (‘signal, distinguishing mark, banner’) as evidence that they know Him. Perhaps it is these who will hear, “I never knew you.”
Many today have been told ‘My Sabbaths’ are ‘Jewish Sabbaths.’ They have been told the Law (the Torah) has been done away with. They have not read the Scriptures for themselves — but have instead believed a fable. These are the foolish virgins of Matthew 25!
The wise virgins, however, are wise — and they are also sons:
Whoso keepeth the law<08451>[Torah] is a wise son: but he that is a companion of riotous men shameth his father. (Proverbs 28:7)
Here we can see that the wise are sons, because they have been Born-Again.
We also see these sons are wise, because they are “DO-ers” of the Law — they are “DO-ers” of the Torah!
The wise and foolish virgins can be seen throughout the Scriptures, described in many ways. The above are but a few of many Scriptures that tell us exactly who the ‘wise and foolish virgins’ are today.
Dear Reader, please share with us some of the words of wisdom you have found. And may you be blessed in your search for the words of instruction and encouragement found within the Scriptures!
- If You Love Me, Keep ‘My’ Commandments – Do we show our love for Messiah, in the way He has told us — or have we lost sight of His identity?
- What Are the Ten Commandments? – Also called The Ten Words, these Scripture passages are shown in both Hebrew and English, enabling us to see for ourselves what these Commandments actually say. When we as New Covenant Believers understand whose words they are, we can better know how to respond to them.
- Obeying Torah is Not About Salvation – Obedience to the Torah [Father’s House Rules for His family] is not about our redemption by Yahushua’s blood. Instead, it is Messiah’s New Testament instruction to all Born-again Believers in how to abide in Him, how to love Him, and how to walk as He walked.
- Seven Biblical Guidelines for Studying the Bible: Using Scripture to Interpret the Scriptures – What is the source of our current understanding of the Bible? The pure Truths of Scripture are of highest importance — how we understand the Scriptures will affect our eternal condition! To avoid being deceived by man-made doctrines, we must not rely on Preachers, Teachers, Bible notes or commentaries. Instead we must study and understand the Bible for ourselves — not looking through the lenses of tradition or man-made Bible study methods — but relying only on what the Bible actually says about how to study and understand the Scriptures! Here are 7 Biblical Guidelines that show us the way!
- Contending for The Faith – We are exhorted to contend, to fight to remain in The Faith that was originally given. Scripture shows what The Faith is, and shows why and how we must contend for The Faith. Overview of how the adversary attacks the foundation of The Faith, with examples of contending for The Faith.
- The Wise and Foolish Virgins – Yahushua tells us why many today are not prepared.
- The Wise and Foolish: According to Yahushua – Messiah tells us in clear and simple terms for our instruction, who the wise and foolish are today!
- The Wise and Foolish Virgins: The Separation of the Wise – The Scriptures reveal a 2-step process of separation from the multitudes, for those who would grow in Wisdom.
- Let No Man Steal Your Crown – Reveals there are men today trying to take away, and steal your Bridal veil, and your crown; things that allow your crown to be stolen; the Doctrine of Balaam, and how it will steal your crown.
- Who is the Chaste Virgin? – The Bridegroom is coming for His Bride — one who is chaste, and without corruption. The Scriptures warn us of the many forms of corruption, and how to remove them, in order to remain chaste, and ready for the Bridegroom.
- The Wedding of the King’s Son: A Parable – A parable revealing the astonishing – and magnificent – nature of the New Covenant.