The Bridegroom has made an offer of Betrothal to the Bride. He is now waiting for the Bride to accept, or not accept, His Betrothal offer!
That Betrothal acceptance is to be made by drinking of the same Passover “cup” the Bridegroom drank from, both literally and figuratively. The Bridegroom has stated this very clearly:
“And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.” (Matthew 26:26-28)
“And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body. And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it. And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.” (Mark 14:22-24)
“And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.” (Luke 22:19-20)
In each of these passages, Yahshua is revealing to His Disciples the “prophetic” meaning of the well-known Passover meal, practiced for centuries by all of Yahweh’s people. Yahshua did not institute anything new, or change anything. He merely revealed the “true” meaning of Passover .
The Blood Sprinkles the Tabernacle
The great importance of our participation in the Passover meal can be seen in the following passage:
“For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people, Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you. Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.” (Hebrews 9:20-21)
First, we see that the original offer of Betrothal came at Mt. Sinai, where the Covenant Promise of Betrothal was sealed in the “Blood of the Testament” which prefigured the Blood of Messiah. (To see the account in Scripture of the Betrothal Agreement, see The Two Witnesses of Devarim.) Most importantly, the blood was sprinkled on the “Tabernacle” and all the “vessels of the ministry.” Beloved, this pictures the physical Blood touching the physical items of the tabernacle.
We are now in the “Tabernacle” of this fleshly body, the dwelling-place of Yahweh (1Co 6:19), and as such we must be sprinkled by the physical Blood of the Covenant, again representing Messiah’s Blood. This covenant “sprinkling” is done when we participate in the Body and Blood of the “Passover” meal. When we drink of the Passover cup, the “Blood” of Yahshua goes down into “this tabernacle” of our body (2 Co 5:4). Our drinking of the Passover cup, just as the Bridegroom did, becomes our “half” of the Betrothal agreement.
This participation is so important, that Yahshua tells us a frighteningly important bit of news:
“Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.” (John 6:53-54)
Beloved, unless we “accept” the Betrothal offer of the Bridegroom, by taking the Passover Body and Blood, we have no “eternal Life” in us; indeed, it is “Messiah-in-us” who prompts us to participate in the Passover!
It is likewise the lack of Messiah-in-us, that causes us to reject this Passover participation. This rejection of the True Passover is perhaps the origin of thecounterfeit Passover, called communion and Lord’s Supper, that most of us in the Evangelical world have embraced as a substitute for the True!
The keeping of “Passover” is the eating of His Flesh (His “Life” per John 6:51), and the drinking of His “Blood” (His “Life” per Lev 17:11).
Yahshua is telling us: “No Passover, no Life.”
It is a “Passover” meal only if it is done at the time prescribed by Yahweh — on the 14th day of either the first or second Biblical month. Any other time is a “counterfeit.”
The Final Opportunity
The Second Passover of this season is the final opportunity for the Bride. This will occur on the 14th day of the Second Biblical Month, on a calendar date determined in mid- to late- March of each year. Beloved, the Bridegroom wishes you to become Betrothed!! Find several others, or have the Passover alone. Let us keep the Feast! (1Co 5:7-8).
Unless the Bride Candidate takes the Flesh and Blood of Passover, she demonstrates she has “no Life” in her. Participation in the True Passover demonstrates the presence of the “Life” of Messiah-in-us, who gives us the ‘Grace’ for the obedience we need to “enter in” to the presence of the King.
For Pastors and Leaders
Pastors, Ministers, and spiritual Leaders, direct yourself and your people toward the Scriptural practices, and away from practices and Doctrines of Men that you may have picked up in your Theological Seminary, Bible School or Denomination. We will each be held accountable for our respective works! (Rev 2:23).
- Passover Thoughts #8: When is Passover? How is its timing determined? – An overview of the Biblical Timing of Passover
- The New Covenant Passover: A Mystery – Full List of Passover Articles, with Descriptions and Links
- Communion: A Man-Made Substitute for the Biblical Passover – Also called the ‘Eucharist’ and ‘Lord’s Supper,’ this man-made substitute is a counterfeit of the Biblical Passover meal eaten by Messiah and His disciples the same night in which He was betrayed. This counterfeit has been passed down to us over the centuries, and today continues to be practiced unknowingly by most evangelical Believers.
- Eating Things Sacrificed Unto Idols: A Warning to the Bride – The Full-length article.
- The Way of Truth: According to the Scriptures – Truth is seen in Scripture not as an abstract, mental idea, but as the living person of Yahushua. It is only when we allow Messiah-in-us to walk in His own Truth, that Truth is made manifest to us, and we then walk in the Light. Scripture reveals the consequences of walking in Truth, and of NOT walking in Truth.
- The Doctrine of Balaam: A Warning to the Bride – Yahushua warns His people of this error, which has been embraced by most Believers today; which causes His people to commit sins, and brings a plague on entire congregations; Messiah will fight against all who do not repent, who continue to hold this error.
- If You Love Me, Keep ‘My’ Commandments – Do we show our love for Messiah, in the way He has told us — or have we lost sight of His identity?
- What Are the Ten Commandments? – Also called The Ten Words, these Scripture passages are shown in both Hebrew and English, enabling us to see for ourselves what these Commandments actually say. When we as New Covenant Believers understand whose words they are, we can better know how to respond to them.
- Obeying Torah is Not About Salvation – Obedience to the Torah [Father’s House Rules for His family] is not about our redemption by Yahushua’s blood. Instead, it is Messiah’s New Testament instruction to all Born-again Believers in how to abide in Him, how to love Him, and how to walk as He walked.
- Seven Biblical Guidelines for Studying the Bible: Using Scripture to Interpret the Scriptures – What is the source of our current understanding of the Bible? The pure Truths of Scripture are of highest importance — how we understand the Scriptures will affect our eternal condition! To avoid being deceived by man-made doctrines, we must not rely on Preachers, Teachers, Bible notes or commentaries. Instead we must study and understand the Bible for ourselves — not looking through the lenses of tradition or man-made Bible study methods — but relying only on what the Bible actually says about how to study and understand the Scriptures! Here are 7 Biblical Guidelines that show us the way!
- Contending for The Faith – We are exhorted to contend, to fight to remain in The Faith that was originally given. Scripture shows what The Faith is, and shows why and how we must contend for The Faith. Overview of how the adversary attacks the foundation of The Faith, with examples of contending for The Faith.
- The Wise and Foolish Virgins – Yahushua tells us why many today are not prepared.
- The Wise and Foolish: According to Yahushua – Messiah tells us in clear and simple terms for our instruction, who the wise and foolish are today!
- The Wise and Foolish Virgins: The Separation of the Wise – The Scriptures reveal a 2-step process of separation from the multitudes, for those who would grow in Wisdom.
- Let No Man Steal Your Crown – Reveals there are men today trying to take away, and steal your Bridal veil, and your crown; things that allow your crown to be stolen; the Doctrine of Balaam, and how it will steal your crown.
- Who is the Chaste Virgin? – The Bridegroom is coming for His Bride — one who is chaste, and without corruption. The Scriptures warn us of the many forms of corruption, and how to remove them, in order to remain chaste, and ready for the Bridegroom.
- The Wedding of the King’s Son: A Parable – A parable revealing the astonishing – and magnificent – nature of the New Covenant.