Beloved, the countdown to Shavuot, also called Pentecost, Feast of Weeks, and Feast of Latter-Firstfruits, has begun. All of Yahweh’s people are to make this count, as part of our duties of “watching.” We must be careful to count, and to arrive at the correct day of the Feast. Some may arrive at the Feast, and find that it is the wrong day, for the King will not be there on that day!
It does not seem difficult to count fifty days. But in order to arrive at the correct day, we must start the count on the correct day. Currently, there is confusion in the Camp, because of the confusion imposed by the Doctrines of Men. We must therefore learn to go to Scripture, in order to find the correct day to begin the count. Notice what the Scripture says:
“Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest: 11 And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it.” (Leviticus 23:10-11)
“And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete: 16 Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD.” (Leviticus 23:15-16)
The fifty-day count is to begin at the day of the Wave Sheaf Offering, the day of Early Firstfruits, which occurs the day after the sabbath following Passover. The controversy has been over which sabbath is meant– the High Sabbath of Unleavened bread on the fifteenth– or the weekly sabbath. The answer, though, is simple, and is staring us in the face, as we gaze at Scripture! The correct solution to the puzzle, however, is only for those who acknowledge Yahshua’s resurrection! Notice the following passage:
“But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.” (1Corinthians 15:20)
The Resurrection of Messiah actually occurred on the day of Firstfruits, marking Yahshua as a Firstfruit Offering, as part of the fulfillment of Yahweh’s purposes. For those who acknowledge Messiah’s Resurrection, it is easy to see that the sabbath referred to in the phrase “day after the sabbath” refers to the weekly sabbath, for it is the day after the weekly sabbath that is related to the Resurrection of Messiah.
Only those who do not acknowledge the Resurrection of Messiah refer to Nisan 16, the day after the High Sabbath of Unleavened Bread, as the start of the 50-day count. Who would this be, but the historical and current Pharisees? Yahshua warned us of those whose leavened “Doctrines of Men” continue to turn men from the Truth. The result of this Leaven is called “Sin.”
We must return to the unleavened teaching of Scripture alone (and not to early church fathers, or Josephus) to find the Living Truth! Only then will we arrive at the correct Feast Day — the day the King will be there!
- If You Love Me, Keep ‘My’ Commandments – Do we show our love for Messiah, in the way He has told us — or have we lost sight of His identity?
- What Are the Ten Commandments? – Also called The Ten Words, these Scripture passages are shown in both Hebrew and English, enabling us to see for ourselves what these Commandments actually say. When we as New Covenant Believers understand whose words they are, we can better know how to respond to them.
- Obeying Torah is Not About Salvation – Obedience to the Torah [Father’s House Rules for His family] is not about our redemption by Yahushua’s blood. Instead, it is Messiah’s New Testament instruction to all Born-again Believers in how to abide in Him, how to love Him, and how to walk as He walked.
- Seven Biblical Guidelines for Studying the Bible: Using Scripture to Interpret the Scriptures – What is the source of our current understanding of the Bible? The pure Truths of Scripture are of highest importance — how we understand the Scriptures will affect our eternal condition! To avoid being deceived by man-made doctrines, we must not rely on Preachers, Teachers, Bible notes or commentaries. Instead we must study and understand the Bible for ourselves — not looking through the lenses of tradition or man-made Bible study methods — but relying only on what the Bible actually says about how to study and understand the Scriptures! Here are 7 Biblical Guidelines that show us the way!
- Contending for The Faith – We are exhorted to contend, to fight to remain in The Faith that was originally given. Scripture shows what The Faith is, and shows why and how we must contend for The Faith. Overview of how the adversary attacks the foundation of The Faith, with examples of contending for The Faith.
- The Wise and Foolish Virgins – Yahushua tells us why many today are not prepared.
- The Wise and Foolish: According to Yahushua – Messiah tells us in clear and simple terms for our instruction, who the wise and foolish are today!
- The Wise and Foolish Virgins: The Separation of the Wise – The Scriptures reveal a 2-step process of separation from the multitudes, for those who would grow in Wisdom.
- Let No Man Steal Your Crown – Reveals there are men today trying to take away, and steal your Bridal veil, and your crown; things that allow your crown to be stolen; the Doctrine of Balaam, and how it will steal your crown.
- Who is the Chaste Virgin? – The Bridegroom is coming for His Bride — one who is chaste, and without corruption. The Scriptures warn us of the many forms of corruption, and how to remove them, in order to remain chaste, and ready for the Bridegroom.
- The Wedding of the King’s Son: A Parable – A parable revealing the astonishing – and magnificent – nature of the New Covenant.